Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,474   Online: 1113

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Oh, forgot to mention one more thing. My Minolta suggests no magenta/green filtration but about -30 mired red/blue filtration for the speedotron flash heads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds like your meter is working properly. That's a good reliable CT meter.

Drop in CT for flash units is usually caused by material being deposited inside the tube as it's used.
    The coating usually has a slight reddish cast, which lowers the CT of the flash.

I used to be a warranty service station for Novatron, and had occasion to replace flash tubes for that reason.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasto View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention one more thing. My Minolta suggests no magenta/green filtration but about -30 mired red/blue filtration for the speedotron flash heads.
    If that's really the only issue, you could correct it inexpensively using Rosco gels over the strobe heads.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just got word from Speedotron and, as suggested by Leigh, it is normal for older bulbs to drop in color temperature. I either get new bulbs or gel the heads. My meter suggests a wratten 82B as the proper correction filter. Any idea how this converts to CTB filtration?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Pasto,

I have no idea how to convert from Wratten numbers to Rosco product codes. Perhaps someone else knows.

You know the gel will be a light blue. I would buy a pack of same, preferably in assorted densities, and experiment. You can always stack two or more if needed.

- Leigh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin