Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,300   Online: 1086

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just test the recycle time with Batteries & Cells. Then you can decide. I personally found that with eneloops the recyle time was little faster.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This battery box Ted is made by Metz for ordinary AA alkaline batteries, and works fine with all 45 series flash guns.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a generic aftermarket AA battery box made in India and sold on ebay. Works fine.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Just test the recycle time with Batteries & Cells. Then you can decide. I personally found that with eneloops the recyle time was little faster.
    That is what I have found also. I can almost shoot quite fast with out a lag in shots as I have regular batteries in a smaller back flash and I have to work at slower speeds for them. Another good rechargeable I find is the Duracell 2450 mAh
    Also thanks to Benjiboy I did not burn out my camera by using the high voltage of the 45 CL 1 on my EOS 3
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 07-10-2012 at 09:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    That is what I have found also. I can almost shoot quite fast with out a lag in shots as I have regular batteries in a smaller back flash and I have to work at slower speeds for them. Another good rechargeable I find is the Duracell 2450 mAh
    Also thanks to Benjiboy I did not burn out my camera by using the high voltage of the 45 CL 1 on my EOS 3
    The 45-CL1 doesn't have high sync voltage. That is why it's called CL1 instead of the high voltage version CT1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Ni-Cad pack and charger for my Metz 45 flashguns, and I don't do wedding work any more but I wouldn't risk relying on the Ni-Cad pack because your'e never sure of the state of the charge, I used to use 2 Metz 45 CL5's in case of failure of one of them, and several battery boxes pre loaded with fresh AA Alkaline batteries and never had a problem.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 07-11-2012 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    The 45-CL1 doesn't have high sync voltage. That is why it's called CL1 instead of the high voltage version CT1.
    Oh sorry.... mine is the CT-1. with the Wein adapter. Just got CL & CT mixed up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 45 CT1 has a trigger voltage of around 250V. the Canon T90 has a voltage requirement of 6V, the Wein Safe Sync adaptor reduces the voltage of any flash gun to below 6V with this device I can even plug my T90 into big old fashioned studio flashes they have in some studios I have hired whose trigger voltages must be extremely high high .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look to Quantum - they sell (or at least used to) a battery compartment with coiled lead that is meant to connect into their Quantum sealed lead acid battery pack systems. It need not be used with the packs though. Their packs are nice, but pricey for what they do.

Just connecting the correct quantum module for your flash to a sealed lead acid bettery of the correct voltage and of sufficient Ah capacity should suffice. I started with a pair of 6V 5Ah, and ap pair of 2V 5Ah making up 2 8V packs with one as live, and one as the second live unit. I charged them with an old Braun pack and head flash pack that charges its' 8V battery directly with an AC lead and built in charge reguator.

Then a Sunpak potato masher flash with a Quantum battery 2 battery pack was gifted to me, with a dead 8V SLA battery. I have bought the power plugs to make leads to charge my Metz 8V batteries, but have yet to make up the cord.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Look to Quantum - they sell (or at least used to) a battery compartment with coiled lead that is meant to connect into their Quantum sealed lead acid battery pack systems. It need not be used with the packs though. Their packs are nice, but pricey for what they do.

Just connecting the correct quantum module for your flash to a sealed lead acid bettery of the correct voltage and of sufficient Ah capacity should suffice. I started with a pair of 6V 5Ah, and ap pair of 2V 5Ah making up 2 8V packs with one as live, and one as the second live unit. I charged them with an old Braun pack and head flash pack that charges its' 8V battery directly with an AC lead and built in charge reguator.

Then a Sunpak potato masher flash with a Quantum battery 2 battery pack was gifted to me, with a dead 8V SLA battery. I have bought the power plugs to make leads to charge my Metz 8V batteries, but have yet to make up the cord.
    The coiled cord can be made out of a guitar lead.

The 611 Quantum battery comes in 2 flavors you know. One is the 510V version, the pack has a step up transformer n the other is a plain SLA direct connection to the wall unit input jack. Just check where the cord attaches to the flash n see the instructions for which port it is to be sure?

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin