Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,437   Online: 849

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    You'll really appreciate it - it's a wonderful camera. I know I love mine - get either the 45 or the 28 as your first lens for it, then start saving for the 21. You can add the 35 and the 90 later. If you can only get 2 lenses for it, the 45 and 28 are the absolute must-haves.
    Awesome - Yep the 28 is going to be my first lens. Hope to use it for a while before expanding the kit (trying to keep GAS at bay)!
    Andy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As amazing as that outfit is, fighting GAS will be an extreme uphill battle. Might even see it in the next X-Games.

Shooter
    35mm
    Like The Flying Camera I have the G2 and the RTS III. I use a TLA 360 for both. Awesome flash. I agree that the 28 is a must have. I had the 21 but sold it because it just wasn't that much better than the 28. It is nice though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Damonff - what didnt you like about the 21? I think it's actually the single most amazing lens in a lineup of amazing lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    shouldn't Metz flashes with SCA feet designed for Contax SLRs work on the G2, too?

could be a cheap, powerful option.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Kan - yes, they would. Powerful? Yes. Cheap? Maybe. Bad match for the camera style? Probably. Most Metz flashes are pretty big and would overbalance the camera. I don't even like using my TLA 30 on my G2 because it makes the camera so top-heavy it wants to fall on its face even when I'm wearing it around my neck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sure. was just thinking about it as I already have the flashes and would just need the SCA foot

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Damonff - what didnt you like about the 21? I think it's actually the single most amazing lens in a lineup of amazing lenses.
    I agree but at $800 vs $400 I had to make a call. I definitely will buy one again some day. The 21 is nicer than I am ready to admit to myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can also get a Metz 58 af-1 or 2, Pretty good they're!
    And why not get a remote trigger, if using for bounce?

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin