Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,710   Online: 909

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the amount of money you would get for them if you sold them, it's not worth the trouble.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    For the amount of money you would get for them if you sold them, it's not worth the trouble.
    Ahh... but that depends on IF I know what they are and IF I know how/where to sell them and IF they're things people want and IF they can't find them elsewhere. What about the eBay seller with all those ASA/bayo/Kodak to PC adapters at $25 a pop plus shipping? I've been thinking of buying one of the darned things for my old Ektars even though I'll probably never use a flash... just to have one. BTW, many years ago I sold probably 6-8 of those ASA-PC adapters for maybe $5-10 each. Darned inflation!!

Any more guesses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Good guess but nope. The larger side inner conductor (pin) is too small for PC and the outer conductor is too large for PC... sort of like an elephant/mouse coupling... not gonna' do anyone any good... not the elephant anyway.
    You just need a large enough hammer. snug the loose one up by beating it on the side and beat the other end by beating it on the end.

There's nothing you can't fix beyond repair with a big enough hammer.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But they do mate with eachother?

I once had an old camera that had a weird PC that seemed too large for a regular PC cord. I found out a flash unit with the reflector n all cliped into this socket, it was a flash bulb unit. Perhaps your adaptors are to use a cable so the unit can be used remotely?

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    But they do mate with eachother? I once had an old camera that had a weird PC that seemed too large for a regular PC cord. I found out a flash unit with the reflector n all cliped into this socket, it was a flash bulb unit. Perhaps your adaptors are to use a cable so the unit can be used remotely?.
    No, they don't mate with each other. One side is PC female and the other side, although very similar to male PC, is definitely not. It apparently adapts a camera or shutter to accept a standard male PC cord. Again though... it's not Leica-M to PC nor ASA/Kodak bayonet to PC. It's something different. **Do you remember what old camera you had with the over-sized PC socket? I suppose that could be it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll check my collection.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use one on my Kodak Medalist II and it is permanently epoxied in place. JohnW ASA to PC adapter...............

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nope... it's not an ASA-PC adapter. This doesn't have a bayonet lock.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Nope... it's not an ASA-PC adapter. This doesn't have a bayonet lock.
    Wow! You are right about no slots. I just didn't look close enough. Now I'm puzzled too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    they are parts to a wind chime

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin