Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 753

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

??? What In the --SAM HECK-- Is This Fargin' Thing ???

It's not a Leica M to PC adapter. It's not a Kodak bayonet to PC adapter. So what is it? I have ten of them in a bag that I'd like to sell but can't... because I don't know what they are!! About ten years ago I had a dozen of them. I lost one a few years ago. I lost another a few days ago. At this rate, by the year 2062, I'll have lost them all!!

The smaller end seems to be standard PC female... a male PC does fit although it's just a bit tight. The male end is larger than your average PC male. Keep comments family-oriented, please.

----------------------------------- PICS ---------------------------------

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc_flash_adapter_side.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	57050 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc_flash_adapter_other-end.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	57052 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc_flash_adapter_other-end_ruler.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	57053 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc_flash_adapter_pc.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	57054 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc_flash_adapter_pc_ruler.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	57051
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 09-12-2012 at 06:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    the more interesting questions are:
    why do you have ten of these things if you don't even know what they are and...
    how did these unidentified objects come into your possession?

Suggestion: if your intent is to sell, why not simply list them as "flash adapter thingy" and include a few nice photos..? (which you already have done).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is it a PC to BNC or similar? I originally thought "3.5mm headphone plug" but you say the female end is PC...

It looks very custom-handmade (poorly centred turning) but then you have 10+ so maybe if you can figure out who would hand-machine a whole bunch of custom adapters (a small-run LF camera builder?) then that might lead you somewhere.

Images
    It could be a 'RCA' plug to 'headphone plug'. If so, then it's an audio connector.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's an adapter to allow the use of a standard flash cord. I have a camera that requires such an adapter.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 09-12-2012 at 07:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    the more interesting questions are:

why do you have ten of these things if you don't even know what they are and...

I don't know.

how did these unidentified objects come into your possession?

I can't remember.

Suggestion: if your intent is to sell, why not simply list them as "flash adapter thingy" and include a few nice photos..? (which you already have done).

Because I only wish to expose my ignorance to my dear APUG friends.
    It's not BNC.
    It's not RCA.
    It's not headphone.
    Definitely single center conductor with the case used as the outer conductor.
    I don't think they're custom-made.

Note that the smallest ruler markings are 1/32 inch. The outer diameter of the wider end is approximately 3/16" and the narrower end is approximately 1/8".

Gerald... What kind of camera?
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 09-12-2012 at 08:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have no idea what it is, but after a long day, I needed this fun thread! Hope you find out what your doohickeys are!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are probably dozens of different adapters of this type. They vary in design for the non PC end. Some are screw mount, some twist-lock, some friction fit. The camera I mentioned is in storage and not readily available. So I can't measure and tell if yours is a match. Sorry. For anyone interested here is the twist lock one for a Kodak camera you mention.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/7237267/asa...dak-flash-cord
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 09-12-2012 at 11:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That looks like it may be a splice for 2 PC cables Male-Fem.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    That looks like it may be a splice for 2 PC cables Male-Fem.
    Good guess but nope. The larger side inner conductor (pin) is too small for PC and the outer conductor is too large for PC... sort of like an elephant/mouse coupling... not gonna' do anyone any good... not the elephant anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin