Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,596   Online: 1114

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

YongNuo YN460 Speedlight?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YongNuo-YN46...60503038770%26

Does anyone have experience with these? GN of 33 seems a bit weak, bit i'm still learing about flash...

I'd use this on a stand and a shoot through umbrella, and i'm looking for something to just give light until I get the scratch to get an SB-800... Would I be better off getting some old Vivitars?

I have some small 160w monolights, but i'm looking for something I can pack into a location or go light with.

It has good reviews...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Get the YN-460 II's much more power, I use them with my RB67, using the RF-602 (now replaced with the 603's) wireless flash triggers for Canon.

My YN-460 II's have a recycle time of 2 seconds when using Sanyo Eneloop XX's (the best AA's money can buy).

Shooter
    35mm
    May be it's GN33 in meter? In which case it's reasonable for its size.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have used the 560 II a few times and really like them. I am planning a simple strobist kit and the YN are right at the top of my list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the older ones and while they are not superbly powerful, they are easy to use, super cheap and work like they should.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Power's about the same as Vivitar 283/285. GN110 w/ISO100 the link you give says 108.9 w/100.
    Recycle with the Viv runs longer on MANUAL, ~8 sec. Auto can be pretty much instantaneous.
    The viv also has a number of neat accessories.
    Extension cable for the sensor, filter set(big whip), variable power widget(replaces the sensor) slave and shade for the sensor to block light from other flash units affecting the sensor/exposure.
    I pick 'em up at thrift stores for ~$5.00 & clean the corrosion from the battery holders.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin