Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,878   Online: 1102

Shooter
    Large Format

What bulbs do I have here?

I bought 3 old style Bardwell & McAlister fresnel spots with stands barn doors, snoots, focusing spots, the works from a guy on Craigslist. The lights I was told were made in the 50's and 60's. Also included were a box of 30 750W lamps like the ones shown in the photo. However, other than the standard markings on the lamp I can't find a size or model. Can anyone fill in some gaps for me?

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2208.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	389.3 KB 
ID:	61236
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2209.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	491.4 KB 
ID:	61237

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This site might help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Found it! Looks like when they are available as NOS they sell for $200-$250 each!

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b...|g22~ansi.html

Looks like they haven't been made in decades. I'm glad I have a few cases of them. Are the quartz lamps of the same spec. a drop in replacement? Will the light quality suffer with the quartz lamps?
    Last edited by Shootar401; 12-16-2012 at 03:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A projector bulb
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd look for a tungsten halogen (quartz) replacement. Off the top of my head I don't know what specific lamp would be suitable, but I'm sure you can find something. If not, post a note at controlbooth.com. I'm using halogen lamps in all of our old stage lights where I work and they work well. Light output from a tungsten halogen lamp will be superior to that of the incandescent lamps that you have now.

When looking for a comparable halogen lamp, compare the base (yours are either medium bi-pin or mogul bi-pin, I'm not quite sure), light center length (distance between filament and lamp base), and wattage (750W or less). I'm honestly not sure exactly how to measure light center length (LCL) on a bi-pin lamp, but donsbulbs probably explains it. Hope that helps!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin