Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,502   Online: 793

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What kind of flashbulbs does this use

My father's RolleiFlash takes bulbs and I have no idea what kind it takes. Can they still be had? What kind and where would someone find them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RolleiFlash.jpg  

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    GE #5 or #5B or Sylvania 25 or 25B the B stands for Blue meaning color corrected for Daylight output whereas the normal non Blue types give warm light. Try Cress photo better know as www.flashbulbs.com Their website is somewhat disgusting but they still sell and manufacture Flashbulbs.
    Good luck the light from flashbulbs is special

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So the guy's got a bikini fetish?

If he's trying to say that all those photos were taken using his flashbulbs then I see the point of using bikini models but that site is way over the top.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What he does have is a business that is for sale. Got a cool 3/4 of a million bucks? You too can own a vast number of flashbulbs!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Flea markets and thrift stores can also be good places to find flashbulbs. Obviously it will be hit or miss, but generally they're pretty inexpensive when they show up in these places.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years ago I could still order the 22.5V battery from RadioShack ( same one used in a Horseman ). However, there is also a capacitor in there that may be no good. Open it up and look.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can use a battery of lower voltage.
    Charging of the ignition capacitator would take longer at its worst.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post

What he does have is a business that is for sale. Got a cool 3/4 of a million bucks? You too can own a vast number of flashbulbs!
    It was supposed to be humor. Although the product seems good, the over abundance of bikinis tends to overshadow the site.

if he is using bikinis to attract attention... Well, okay, but there is such thing as too much of a good thing.
    if he is trying to show how flash bulbs make flesh tones look in a photo, again, okay, but he's overdoing it.
    if he is selling ad space on his site to augment his business, still, that is okay but it is too hard to tell if he is selling flash bulbs or bikinis. (I'll take a dozen! )

Anyhoo, I might need flash bulbs. I will have to look into this... After I'm done looking at the girls in bikinis!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up several hundred with multiple buys of eBay with less than $2-3/bulb with shipping last year.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    A few years ago I could still order the 22.5V battery from RadioShack ( same one used in a Horseman ). However, there is also a capacitor in there that may be no good. Open it up and look.
    Dale, I forgot one needs some power to fire a bulb. No telling what ooze I may find inside. I'll open and see.

Thanks all for the information and I will enjoy the bikini fetish too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin