Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,932   Posts: 1,556,979   Online: 1042

Shooter
    Multi Format

Quantum Instruments Calcu-Flash II not turning on.

I recently bought a Quantum Instruments Calcu-Flash II light meter from eBay. When it arrived I tried it out, but (according to the manual) the display indicated that it needed new batteries. So I went and bought replacement batteries (4x LR44 batteries) and changed the old batteries. However now when I try to turn it on, the display won't light up at all, not even with the old batteries (which it did just prior to changing the batteries). I've made sure that the battteries are inserted the right way round, and even tried moving them about a bit.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar? It seems odd to me that it would die so suddenly. Obviously I'd return it to the seller right away, but I fear that shipping might cost more than what I paid for it originally...
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ancient electronics trick is take an eraser (pencil type rubber) or better yet the old hard white rubber typerwriter eraser to the contacts and make sure they are clean of oxidation. If a threaded cap make sure the threads are clean also.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin