Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,957   Posts: 1,558,058   Online: 1088

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon F5 + RadioPopper JrX = TTL off-camera flash

I've been talking with a very helpful rep from RadioPopper. They confirmed with me that you could successfully use the JrX system with the Nikon F5 and older 'analog' TTL Nikon flash units (SB-25,26,28) to achieve TTL off-camera flash. Can anyone here confirm this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the radio popper go in the hotshoe or does it connect to the PC port? I could not get a remote to sync from the hotshoe. From the PC connection I could, but I had to buy a Nikon branded PC cord with the off center pin to get that to work.

Shooter
    35mm
    It is hotshoe mountable. I confirmed it with the RP rep that the JrX uses the quench pin on Nikon cameras, and sends that signal to remotes. Only the 'analog' TTL flashes utilize it supposedly. I think you can get the RPCube to do the same on newer, non-'analog' TTL flashes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is a blurb from an email they sent me:

The JrX System is a simple radio trigger (does not support iTTL or High Speed Sync), compatible with just about any light out there. The JrX Transmitter features a hot shoe attachment with a contact pin, as well as a 3.5mm sync port to connect via PC sync of the camera body. The JrX Studio Receiver has a 3.5mm sync port, as well as an RJ-11 data port for Paul C. Buff strobes (which it supports remote power control from the group dials of the transmitter). When paired with the JrX Studio Receiver, the RPCube enables remote power control of the Canon or Nikon flash in analog TTL mode. The RPCube is simply telling the flash to trigger at full power, but it quenches it according to where the corresponding group dial is set on the JrX Transmitter. Unfortunately the SB-910, SB-900, and SB-700 do not have an analog TTL mode, so you will only be able to trigger them in manual mode (which will need to be set on the flash itself).

Since the PX and JrX operate on the same radio frequency, you can also use the PX Transmitter to trigger/control the JrX Studio Receiver. The PX Transmitter has the group dials of the JrX Transmitter built-in to the menu, so you can use the P and X buttons to control the power output of compatible lights.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin