Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,477   Online: 1084

Shooter
    35mm

Sekonic L-208 Accessory/Hotshoe Mount

Hi all,
    My L-208 never came with the attachment that allows it to be mounted in a hotshoe. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement, or even what it resembles so I could, perhaps, make one myself?

EDIT: based in the UK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The attachment looked like it mounted on a hotshoe. I tried and it was really loose and sloppy on every hotshoe I tried. I wouldn't consider it worthwhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you really want one, contact Sekonic. They will sell you one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These should be in the box with a new one, but Johnson's Photopia are the U.K Sekonic importers http://www.johnsons-photopia.co.uk/ if you contact them they may have some spares.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-23-2013 at 10:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all, especially about not being worthwhile. I may leave it then.

I had enquired about replacements, they wanted £15 which was a lot considering what the part consisted of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, that is the same reason I didn't replace mine when it came up missing. However, about the loose fit, I was able to tighten mine up with a bit of tape so that part of the problem can be dealt with. My real issue is that I would put it on while using one camera, then take it off while using it for my 4x5. Net result is that it is probably lying patiently in wait somewhere in my house.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin