Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,656   Posts: 1,668,885   Online: 840

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I expect Rolleicord may need a pc-hotshoe adapter. Nevertheless, I will go with it and see how it goes.

Since RF-603 does not seem to take input via sync port.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I received the trigger on today. Found it does not trigger from any hot-shoe expect from Canon d****** cameras and still I have to test with EOS 650. :-(

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Well, I received the trigger on today. Found it does not trigger from any hot-shoe expect from Canon d****** cameras and still I have to test with EOS 650. :-(
    It's a shame I didn't see this thread earlier, as I discovered this myself when I bought the Nikon equivalents. This information:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Wagg View Post
    The simple answer is yes. It will work as a dumb trigger.
    is, as far as I can tell, simply wrong. This poster has a modified version, but in stock configuration they will not act as dumb triggers.

I have a modified version myself, the details of how to do the modification are detailed here: http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/02/di...-trigger.aspx/

There are a few other write-ups available around the internet on the subject. Once you have done the modification, the transceiver is turned into a full time transmitter (but can also act as a receiver in the right configuration). This modification shouldn't be too difficult if you have a soldering iron to hand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do not know whether this works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy4zGEt5xU

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    I do not know whether this works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy4zGEt5xU
    Yes, this is the same thing. All the modifications are tailored towards making the transceiver a full time transmitter (two green lights) without needing a signal from the camera (so the Canon and Nikon ones are switched to transmitter mode by the camera - via the complex hotshoe pins - but without these, they will only be in receiver mode).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats good news. Seems that YT video mod is not so complicated to modify it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I too have a nikon version which will not work
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought a used Yongnuo RF-602 setup that I hope will work OK. Won't know until I get it though. The person said he used it on a Nikon D90 and that is what I have. I hope to try to use it on the non-D----al cameras I have which I prefer to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I just bought a used Yongnuo RF-602 setup that I hope will work OK. Won't know until I get it though. The person said he used it on a Nikon D90 and that is what I have. I hope to try to use it on the non-D----al cameras I have which I prefer to use.
    The RF-602 will work fine on your non-digital cameras. Every transmitter is a permanent transmitter, and every receiver is a permanent receiver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by freecom2 View Post
    The RF-602 will work fine on your non-digital cameras. Every transmitter is a permanent transmitter, and every receiver is a permanent receiver.

I sure hope it works on the film ones. I don't shoot much digital and I got it with some mono lights. The lights was what I wanted anyway and this RF-602 was in with the deal.

Richard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin