Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,084   Online: 1076

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Yongnuo rf-603: Buying decision.

I may use this wireless trigger unit with Olmypus OM-1n/Rolleicord to trigger Metz CL-4 and 430EX II.

Will it work?
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think PC port works on those as output only so you wont be able to use it with Rolleicord. It should work with Olympus (btw Olympus syncs only at 1/60s) but test button works only if trigger is mounted on camera hot shoe. Since they are designed for modern digital cameras, I do not know if while mounted on Olympus test button will be active.
    Last edited by wiedzmin; 05-08-2013 at 09:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    May I have any recommendation for wireless triggers that works with Rolleicord.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    for example: http://goo.gl/dGedy to connect trigger to Rolleicord you will need something like this http://goo.gl/2QKu5

how far would be camera from the flash?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The simple answer is yes. It will work as a dumb trigger.
    I have one connected to the winder grip of my ETRS and it triggers just fine.
    It won't have the speedlight wake feature as that is tied to the auto focus confirmation but on mine I just opened the bottom up and took out all the extra contacts apart from the X sync as all I need it to do is remotely trigger the flash heads. I can wake the lights up by pressing the test button, no biggie.
    BTW I do use it on all my old manual 35mm cameras as well, it works on everything that has the capability to sync flash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedzmin View Post
    for example: http://goo.gl/dGedy to connect trigger to Rolleicord you will need something like this http://goo.gl/2QKu5

how far would be camera from the flash?
    Entire setup will be in living room to shoot some events at home. Metz 45 may face the subject with an umbrella where as speedlight will lit the background.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Wagg View Post
    The simple answer is yes. It will work as a dumb trigger.
    I have one connected to the winder grip of my ETRS and it triggers just fine.
    It won't have the speedlight wake feature as that is tied to the auto focus confirmation but on mine I just opened the bottom up and took out all the extra contacts apart from the X sync as all I need it to do is remotely trigger the flash heads. I can wake the lights up by pressing the test button, no biggie.
    BTW I do use it on all my old manual 35mm cameras as well, it works on everything that has the capability to sync flash.
    I turned off the sleep mode in Speedlight sometime ago. :-) Many shots were missed when I try to use with OM-1n.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Entire setup will be in living room to shoot some events at home. Metz 45 may face the subject with an umbrella where as speedlight will lit the background.
    those will work then, I was using them several times inside within ~ 15m (~50 ft) from camera to flashes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't see a reason it shouldn't. I use the older RF-602s (Canon version) with my RB67 ProS and YN-460 II flashes. Also have used it with a Yashica 35 P&S with PC-sync, OM40, OM10, AE-1, and a very old Schneider 360mm f/5.5 (Tele Xenon with really old shutter max 1/100th, but has pc-sync).

Use decent batteries, they have excellent range and are reliable unlike the older Chinese triggers (PT-04 etc).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I don't see a reason it shouldn't. I use the older RF-602s (Canon version) with my RB67 ProS and YN-460 II flashes. Also have used it with a Yashica 35 P&S with PC-sync, OM40, OM10, AE-1, and a very old Schneider 360mm f/5.5 (Tele Xenon with really old shutter max 1/100th, but has pc-sync).

Use decent batteries, they have excellent range and are reliable unlike the older Chinese triggers (PT-04 etc).
    what kind of pc cord you were using ? pc on both end or pc and hot shoe on another ?

I'm talking about connecting camera with pc port only to the trigger

I do not own rf-603 but I saw the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp1ZM3CanrA, please check at 2:09

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin