Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,966   Posts: 1,632,587   Online: 1074

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    While on the subject of meters. I have a Luna-Pro F, and I just inserted a new Lithium 9V battery. The battery test button sends the needle off the scale, like it is getting way too much voltage. Should I not use lithium and go beck to regular alkaline cells like a Duracell or Energizer, or is there an internal regulator in the Luna-Pro which will still give me accurate readings with a strong battery. I prefer to use the long lasting lithium cell if it doesn't throw off the meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Stager View Post
    While on the subject of meters. I have a Luna-Pro F, and I just inserted a new Lithium 9V battery. The battery test button sends the needle off the scale, like it is getting way too much voltage. Should I not use lithium and go beck to regular alkaline cells like a Duracell or Energizer, or is there an internal regulator in the Luna-Pro which will still give me accurate readings with a strong battery. I prefer to use the long lasting lithium cell if it doesn't throw off the meter.
    Welcome to APUG!

When compared with alkaline cells, lithium batteries respond quite differently to loads.

Your Luna-Pro F pre-dated lithium cells by a considerable length of time. It wasn't designed with them in mind.

My experience with the non-F version of the meter leads me to the belief that the regular alkaline batteries last a long time anyways.

I wouldn't use one unless I had something from Gossen that indicated it was okay.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Stager View Post
    It might just need calibration. BUT to be sure, call these guys at Camera Repair Instrument Service (CRIS). They'll tell you what recommended power supply to use in it and they're also the authorized service center for Gossen. CRIS can be reached at:
    Manfrotto Service @ C.R.I.S.
    250 North 54th St
    Chandler, AZ 85226

P: 480-940-1103
    E: manfrottoservice@criscam.com

Take it light ;>)
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    manuals are good

Shooter
    Large Format
    Some humor injection. I first saw the title and thought...Well the mental cartoon was both hands already full of camera, extra lens, roll of film, etc. So the only place to hold the light meter would be perhaps to bite gently... Seriously, good daylight and a 11% gray card and you should get f=16 at 1/60th. A very handy quick check on any meter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin