Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,871   Online: 967

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Expensive light meter isn't all that sensitive although something like the sekonic 308 can measure to EV0 ISO 100. They are accurate and that's what needed. Portraiture at illumination less than EV0?? I doubt that.

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/2...21005-0005.jpg

Ha ! this was moonlight

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gossen Lunasix Pro
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    I would second that. My old Lunasix will get a reading with my hand over the sensor when in regular daylight. They are very good for low light.

That isn't a spot meter, not really all that useful for long exposures when you're standing on a bridge trying to expose for a light 8 streets away... or the water down below etc...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I enjoy night shoting but it is very frustrating with my Pentax SM, the reading doesn't lock so I can read the very faint scale even when using the built nite lite.

But my go to meter for night work is my Gossen Luna. Pro SBC. It locks the needle, zero meter style so I can use a headlamp to take my readings off the dial.

BTW if my old memory serves me well, this was rated as one of the most sensitive on the streets.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would recommend the Sekonic L-358 http://www.sekonic.com/products/l-358/overview.aspx it will read from EV2 and the digital display lights up automatically in low light so it's very easy to read.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That said, Edward Weston exposed for more that a day to get one of his famous shell photo.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Agfa Isolette III: Amazingly simple, yet it produces outstanding negatives.
    Holga 120GFN: EV 11 or EV 12.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Lunapro SBC is the best for ultra low light. Besides, it only needs a standard 9 volt battery rather than an exotic, hard to find one.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin