Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,920   Online: 988

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    This was because the NiCads will give a higher peak current output than alkalines. This can overheat the transistors which drive the multivibrator. The nicad pack for mine (a 45 CT1) has it's own contacts within the flash, it does not use the same connection as the alkalines.
    I know of this difference, but still a schematic circuit would be helpful.
    Are there just resistors put into the NiCad circuit-path?
    (I got a 45 CT-5 in transparent casing, but to get wiser I likely would have to take it apart nevertheless.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alti View Post
    The 45 CL-4 has no connector for external power, either battery or power adapter. You must connect the external power through en empty Metz battery pac. .

NOT so. I own two 45CL4 units, and I use the Quantum Turbo with one, and the Quantum 2 with the other. The Quantum 2 requires that you remove the standard alkaline holder or the Metz NiCad pack, and put in adapter that connects to the Quantum 2. But the Turbo is used with a cable which plugs into the left side connector while the alkaline or NiCad pack provide power to the LCD on the back panel.
    Last edited by wiltw; 10-20-2013 at 06:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I know of this difference, but still a schematic circuit would be helpful.
    Are there just resistors put into the NiCad circuit-path?
    (I got a 45 CT-5 in transparent casing, but to get wiser I likely would have to take it apart nevertheless.)
    Could be, that would effectively limit the maximum current. I've never seen a schematic.
    But you know those Germans - for all I know it changes the bias on the driver transistors.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by alti View Post
    The 45 CL-4 has no connector for external power, either battery or power adapter. You must connect the external power through en empty Metz battery pac.

Yes, of course! That's half the fun, to use bits and pieces from the trash bins.
    The AC adapter Metz N22 or N23 would supply direct high voltage to the Metz 45-CL4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin