Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,630   Online: 675

Thread: sunpak GT 18

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

sunpak GT 18

hi

i have a working gt 18 but i don't have the manual
    i was wondering if someone familiar with this specific flash can answer a few questions about it for me ?

there is a plug on the back near the 'ready light"
    it looks like an old school 1/8 headphone jack plug ... can you tell me what that is for ?
    i have the wall plug, seems fine and it fires with batteries too, its just that socket ...
    is it to daisy chain other flashes to it ?

thanks!
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume it is a socket for an alternative synchro cord (with miniphone plug).
    In case it is you should be able to measure (by means of appropriate plug) the same voltage as at the pc plug (you would better use an approprite adapter with easy to access terminals).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I assume it is a socket for an alternative synchro cord (with miniphone plug).
    In case it is you should be able to measure (by means of appropriate plug) the same voltage as at the pc plug (you would better use an approprite adapter with easy to access terminals).
    that makes perfect sense ...
    i have to admit i have never seen a miniphone plug sync cord before .. thats what threw me off
    and since it has a regular pc adapter plug, im not going to even bother using it ( the mini plug )
    huge thanks
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did not know either...
    But that socket looks like a miniphone socket and I checked at Paramountcords: they exist.

There exist more synchrochord plugs than one can imagine anyway...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin