Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,666   Online: 925

Shooter
    Medium Format

Scratch built Light diffuser insert?

Hey guys,

I own a the Speedtron Brown series studio light kit. I have a family shoot next Saturday.. anyway , I was testing in in my house. If your familier with this series, There 4 plug-ins that have built in varible for light output. I plugged it in the last two in put for least amount of light. It was still shooting ASA 200 125 f22. I'm thinking of making a diffuser insert to tone down the output. The metal cones are screwed in the light housing. I was thinking I could make a carboard circular frame and get some ripstop white nylon and cover the frame and tape it with gaffer tape then insert it in the mounted cone or dish. Not resting against light source. What do you guys think? I also have some low end soft box over that.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That'll work. Then buy some sheets of lee gel filters for next time. Nd's are handy as well as 250, 216, etc.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That will not reduce the light output as much as simply using ND filters over the lens, to get wider aperture!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin