Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,784   Online: 1057

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Luna Lux SBC (the red LED one) is a different meter than the Luna Pro SBC (aka Profisix in most of the world), which is of course different from the old Luna Pro.

So one needs to be cautious about things one sees on the internet .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Luna Lux adjust + 1 1/3 EV for 15° and + 3 Ev for 7.5°
    Luna Lux SBC with the red lights What do I do with this one?
    Luna Pro SBC aka Profisix automatically adapts

Now that the model variations have been defined. What do I do with Luna Lux SBC with the red lights?
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 11-28-2013 at 03:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's all in the manual.

The problem I got is that you are using the US designations which are unknown over here. (and which you have mistyped anyway).
    Without having my comparative listing next to me it is a hassle looking up those designations
    Last edited by AgX; 11-28-2013 at 12:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Moi missppell?!?

[If the ability to spell correctly by ones self was important, the G-d would not have put <control-L> on computer keyboards.]

Attachment 77652

Then the above post should read:
    Luna Lux adjust + 1 1/3 EV for 15° and + 3 Ev for 7.5°
    Luna Lux SBC with the red lights automatically adapts

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steve... isn't the meter that you are using the same meter as in the manual link (post #7)? Luna Lux SBC with nulling LEDs? If so, it appears that you need to offset the exposure correction dial by 1 1/3EV when using 15deg or 3 EV when using 7.5 deg readings. The normal offset is 1 (or no offset). Described on pages 28 and 11 of the manual. Then you meter "normally" to null. It seems VERY important to remember to re-set the exposure compensation before and after using the spot attachment or subsequent reading will be all wrong.

The "automatically adapts" is misleading. The meter only adapts after you specify the proper offset of the meter for the amount of light it is being provided: 30 deg reading acceptance angle = offset of 1; 15 deg acceptance angle = offset 1 1/3; and 7.5 deg acceptance angle = offset 3.

If you haven't done so already, look closely at the attachment and you will see that it creates the smaller acceptance angles by restricting the amount of light reaching the meter. Smaller hole for 15 deg and even smaller hole for 7.5 deg. It is ingenious, but by it's very design must involve some compensation at the meter for the smaller amount of light hitting the sensor.
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 11-28-2013 at 04:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    No it does not. It even can not. As there is no linkage between the meter and that small spot attachment, aside of the attachment's feet that are just a fixture.

With those attachments that connect via electrical plugs there is a linkage, enabling automated compensation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... or to expand AgX's reply: the correction for the two settings on the spot attachment must be done on the dial calculator: set the light reading value to the yellow index mark for no spot attachment, green index mark for 15 deg spot reading, and red index mark for 7.5 deg spot reading. Nothing automatic there... purely manual.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BrianShaw and AgX I got it. Set the offset before taking the reading. Thanks.

It only took 18 posts to nail it down completely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not an easy concept to get. It took me quite a bit of puzzlement when I first got mine. After that, though... I really get a lot of value from using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The problem should have never been one. The adapter documentation about the exposure compensation is vague in its relationship to specific models of light meters which use the compensation. Furthermore the Luna Lux SBC light meter documentation mentions the adapter without discussing the exposure compensation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin