Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,926   Online: 869

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to admit, you are right that in no meter manual that compensating for that Tele-attachment is hinted at. But you find it in the manual of that attachment.
    Keep in mind that the compensation varies for continuous- and flash-lighting.

The later, black, model, has got a sticker at its underside clearly indicating that compensation adjustment. I don't know about the earlier grey model, but I assume it got it too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The manuals seem to have be written for folks who already know what they are doing. Some help that is, eh? My grey spot attachment does not indicate the compensation because it was originally intended for use with the Luna Pro, which has color-coded index marks so knowing the compensation values is less important. So all one needs to remember is red circle in the viewfinder, red spot attachment setting, and red index mark on the meter... or green, green, green.
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 11-28-2013 at 11:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seemingly Gossen did not want to set even more signs on the dial when they introduced the Profisix. And they introduced a new version Tele-attachment with an informative sticker.
    Those who already owned that older attachment, that did not need such sticker, and took it to use with their new meter were already aware of that necessity for compensation.
    So that issue of missing information only applied for the used market, and one hardly can blame Gossen for not caring for that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The gray version does not have any sticker and the Luna Lux does not have the green mark and the red indicates the unadjusted position.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Luna Lux (Lunalite) is a later model (kind of simplified Profisix) and then there already had been those black attachments with that sticker.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ya, in hindsight it is interesting that they made a system that was backward compatible but didn't put a red and green dot on the exposure compensation dial. That is such a "nobrainer" that I might open a business to re-fit LunaLux's with compensation dots... but somehow I think there might not be too much need any more. Me and my Sharpies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The gray version does not have any sticker and the Luna Lux does not have the green mark and the red indicates the unadjusted position.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm, placing red and green dots on meter ... I wonder where I can find some.

Shooter
    Multi Format

A solution

I added colored peelable stickers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gossen.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Elegant solution!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin