Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,418   Online: 779

Shooter
    35mm

Radio controlled remote built in the flash for Nikon?

I would like to remotely control my off camera flash with my on camera flash. I am not looking for a separate remote unit like packetwizard. I would like the remote built in the flash itself. Canon has the 600EX-RT with a remote in the flash. You can filly control the off camera flash with the on camera Canon flash. Currently Nikon doesn't have a flash like this however I am wondering whether there is any Chinese made flash unit with features similar to the Canon 600EX-RT.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nikon F6 with an SB-800 on top. That'll control any other CLS flash.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    SB-800's or SB-900's can be used as commanders with SB-600's or SB-700's as slaves. You can also use the SU-800 commander if you don't need on-camera flash. Lots of options with the Nikon system. Certain Nikon digital cameras can use the built in flash as a commander.
    Last edited by cramej; 12-06-2013 at 09:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What cramej said, but an additional note. The Nikon CLS system is infrared, not radio, so you have to have a clear line of sight between commander/master and remote/slave flash.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin