Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,038   Online: 784

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dedicated studio!! Whoop!

Attachment 79529

My previously home-based business, has moved to larger quarters. The office is now my dedicated studio.

Not having to move the living room furniture around, and set-up and tear down all the time will hopefully make up for getting up earlier and packing a lunch on work days.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by sly; 01-04-2014 at 08:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lillian:

Are you going to refer to it as your batcave?

Congratulations - I so wish I had some usable dedicated space!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    your studio defies gravity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A dedicated space is a special thing.

One of the things I enjoy most about a dedicated space is the ability to experiment quickly when an idea crosses my mind.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    That's the view one would expect when looking through the ground glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of these days I'll have also.

Jeff

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    Weird, eh? It is correctly oriented if you click on it.

The first i-thingy snap I uploaded was sideways in the the thumbnail, and right side up after clicking, but stretched and distorted.
    Took a new i-snap, and it's upside down in the thumbnail, but correct after clicking, with no distortion.

Don't tell me how to fix it. It illustrates why I stick to film and the darkroom. When something goes horribly wrong in analog, I can figure it out (doh! Don't turn on the lights when the box of paper is open!), or come on APUG, ask, (why are my negatives all mottled?) and get an answer, quickly, that I can understand.
    Once computers and such devices are involved, even once I find someone half or a third of my age to help me, I can't follow their explanations, and NO LONGER WANT TO.

Computers are the only thing that have made me weep with rage since all the nastiness with my ex 20+ years ago. I stopped giving computers that power a couple of years ago. I stick to basic stuff, and if something doesn't work, I drop it. If it's important, I seek help. Seems like less and less of it is.

Time to get up and burn some film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin