Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,375   Online: 870

Thread: Flashbulbs

Shooter
    Multi Format

Flashbulbs

Just trying to draw from the greater wisdom and experience of the crowd here; what size flashbulbs will fit in a Heiland research 3-cell flashgun? My guess is #5 but I wanted to see if anyone knew for sure, or knew of more powerful bulbs that will fit. Thanks.

Kyle
    Kyle Quigley

Celtic Studios Photography with my wife Mindy

Facebook.com/celticstudios

Canon A2, Kiev-6C, Fed-3, Mamiya RZ67 Pro, Koni-Omega Rapid, Yashica LM, a bunch of folders and lomography cameras, and yes, a Canon Rebel t3i

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got no idea.

But perhaps modifying the fixture or using a selfmade adapter might be helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    #5 [GE, later M5] or P25 [Sylvania Press 25, later M25] or #6 [GE, later M6] or #26 [Sylvania FP26] flashbulbs

Reference http://www.apug.org/forums/forum57/8...-later-m3.html
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm

back then

Way back when Casey Crime Photographer carried a Speed Graphic, Number Five flashbulbs were the thing. If you put several in your pocket, loose, they are liable to generate static electricity and go off. Hazard of the trade, along with floozie dames and rye whiskey.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    #5 , and similar, is the answer if the gun has the bayonet adapter either in the gun itself or in the center of the reflector which many Heilands did.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think to take #5 or #25 it needs the adapter, as mentioned above. Take the adapter out and you can use #2 or #11 or any of the bulbs with standard Edison bases.

At least that's the case if it is the flashgun I think it is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin