Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,802   Online: 849

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good Day,
    I,ll probably catch heck from the photographers with "deeper pockets" but I recently picked up a Leningrad 8 from my local thrift shop and its bang on.Tested it against my Nikon FM2 + a gray card.
    I now am able to get incident light readings which really help my winter shots when using my favorite films,Tri-X and FP4.No batteries to worry about either.
    A grand find at $2.00.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll probably catch heck too!,
    I bought a Vivitar 43 for $10 and it works perfectly well. It doesn't have a flash metering capability or anything fancy, but it does reflective and incident metering and seems to be bang on.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Huram, Kent, and Mike,

Not choosing to spend on fancy gear is no indicator of the quality of work you can do with what you do have, and I, for one, won't give you any trouble for not spending big on a meter.

I recommended the Luna Pro F as a long-lived, rugged, versatile meter that you can get a battery for in just about any place imaginable, and a battery that won't go out of production, not because it's expensive or a "status" meter. Since you'd been looking at Luna Pros and had battery concerns, it seemed a natural, and a good used one would be money well spent. I haven't used the Sekonics enough to know them well enough to have an opinion. I also have a Vivitar Model 30 right beside the keyboard here that I'm converting to incident. It requires no battery, and is much lighter and smaller than the Luna Pro F, so it will travel better in a small bag or pocket for fast use with the rangefinders. Use what works for you and what you can afford, and don't bother about what anyone else thinks of what you bought, or what the budget was. You can't buy yourself into being a good photographer, but you can take excellent photos with inexpensive gear.

Have a blast with the Rolleicord. Great camera. I'd like to have one myself.

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

litemeter

As an alternative you could find find yourself a Soligor spot meter. Adorama sells these as a rebraned house brand. Someone has one for sale right on Photo.net for $145. I have the older non-digital version and you might find one very cheap on epay. These meters take a common 9 volt battery. Mine was converted for Zone use by Zone-VI. Even though i have a Pentax 1/21 degree it remains broken for the second time and I refuse to fix it. The Soligor has only gone down once in 20 years. Just an option.
    Regards, Peter
    Richard Ritter also does work on these.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just sold my Luna Pro F which served me well for many years. I hadn't used it since I bought my Ultra-Pro, but it's still a damn fine meter.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Alright ya'll. I did my homework and setteled on the Luna Pro F. Seems like this price was resonable even though I went over my $50 budget. Don't tell my wife lest it ruin our Valentine's Day. Thanks again for all the input!

Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Huram
    Alright ya'll. I did my homework and setteled on the Luna Pro F. Seems like this price was resonable even though I went over my $50 budget. Don't tell my wife lest it ruin our Valentine's Day. Thanks again for all the input!

Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
    Good win! It looks like a very nice one and 75.00 is a great price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I vote for Sekonic L-308B II.

I bought mine for $80. And it is worth the extra $$$.

Morten
    Oops a little late Dr/Fr Morten

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin