Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,019   Online: 796

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Gossen Digisky meter.. Any good?

I have been offered a Digisky for $300 and was wondering if it's a reliable and accurate meter.. I would use it for measuring ambient light only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you really need that much meter?
    There are quite a few out there for less than 1/2 the money that will give the same readings.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I definitely do not need that much meter. The price is one factor and also how thin it is, it can slip right into my back pocket. They go for almost $500 new and i was offered one for $300 brand new factory sealed in the box. I cant seem to find any reviews on it other than websites that are promoting it. Zero comments on APug about this meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think this is overkill for what you need, I recommend you look at the simpler Gossen Digipro F 2 http://www.lightmetering.co.uk/Gosse...eter.htmlwhich is very pocketable, deadly accurate, and has the ability to asses a scenes contrast by holding down the measuring button and running the meter across the scene, which is extremely useful.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-06-2014 at 02:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    SNIP and has the ability to asses a scenes contrast by holding down the measuring button and running the meter across the scene, which is extremely useful.
    Even my Sixtomat digital can do that. It was the cheapest Gossen model when new. Why do you believe Digisky can't measure contrast?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Do you really need that much meter?
    There are quite a few out there for less than 1/2 the money that will give the same readings.
    I figure,any Gossen meter is goodbut ,I never heard of this model;only familiar with Digisix,which are excellent
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer a spotmeter and chose a Sekonic L-778 for that duty. For times I need an incident meter I have an old Gossen SBC. That Digisky sure looks nice but for my purposes I just don't need something that advanced.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 09-06-2014 at 07:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Even my Sixtomat digital can do that. It was the cheapest Gossen model when new. Why do you believe Digisky can't measure contrast?
    Where did I write that "the Digisky couldn't measure contrast ?" I know it can . I also know the Sixomat can do it, I had one until last spring when I accidentally sent it for a swim in the river Taff in Cardiff and replaced it with the Digipro F2.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-06-2014 at 07:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Gossen Digisky has an inbuilt rechargeable Lithium Iron battery like a cell phone, and no provision to use ordinary replaceable ones the Gossen Digipro used 1 Alkaline AA battery that you can buy anywhere.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Where did I write that "the Digisky couldn't measure contrast ?" I know it can . I also know the Sixomat can do it, I had one until last spring when I accidentally sent it for a swim in the river Taff in Cardiff and replaced it with the Digipro F2.
    I thought you didn't know this as you have recommended another model and highlighted a particular feature saying it's extremely useful.

Gossen meters compared:

http://www.gossen-photo.de/pdf/GOSSE...smesser_GB.pdf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin