Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,924   Online: 1089

Shooter
    35mm

Mystery Speedotron brown line pack...

I just bought 2 older M90 heads and a very small, very anonymous Speedotron pack on Ebay. The seller never mentioned the power of this pack, because the pack has no identifying marks at all.

The pack is more gunmetal gray than the newer brown Speedo uses (the M90 heads are a champagne color) and measures 8" by 6" by 5" and is very light (by weight alone, I'd guess it's no bigger than 200 w/s). It has 3 sockets for lights (not the more usual 4), a "Trigger" socket (for syncing) which takes round plugs rather than the typical bladed (electric cord) type, no test button, no high/low power switch and no Asymetrical feature.

When plugged in, the ready light does glow, but I have no way to fire it. My questions are: How powerful is this and what type of sync does it take?

Speedotron tech support said I was no more helpful than telling someone I have a brown car and asking them what it was - and this is THEIR pack!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marc,
    In defense of the techs @ speedotron. They have been in business I believe since the late 30's.
    The sync plug should be a 1/4" radio jack if it's not the two bladed variety.
    You can pick one up at radio shack. Add the length of lamp cord you want & put a female two blade receptacle on the receiving end. Add a good sync cord from paramount & you're off & running.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Does the pack actually say Speedotron? I remember seeing some older packs that took Speedo heads, but were definately not made by Speedotron.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin