Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,697   Online: 1122

Shooter
    Multi Format

Questions about those Alien bees

Like most I've got more tripods then light stands [zero light stands] could those killer bees be mounted to a tripod?

Any body ever order a bee from Canada?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are made to fit the standard 5/8" light stands, but you could use something like the Matthews Super Mafer Clamp to attach it to a tripod. That won't give you the height of a lightstand, however.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. Well I guess it's better to buy a stand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nick, I own 3 Bees and I bought light stands to go with them from AB. I bought two heavy duty and one regular stand. One of my heavy duty stands fell apart after I used it for the first time. It literally fell into pieces as I was packing it up (in front of a client no less, very embarassing). So I went out and bought a bunch of Bogen lightstands.

I called AB and told them about the stand problem. They said to toss it and sent me a replacement a few days later, no questions asked.

The AB stands are made in China (which as you know is not necessarily a bad thing) but don't seem to be up to their usual manufacturing standards.
    Dean Tomasula
    The Place for Pix
    Stock and Fine Art Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was just hoping to put the extra tripods I have to use and avoid light stands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gee, that's easy, Nick. Buy more cameras!
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No No No-) No more cameras for me. Well unless I decide to not get the Pentax fixed then I'll need a replacement.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin