Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,317   Online: 845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: luna pro repair

Shooter
    Multi Format

luna pro repair

Ok, maybe folks will know this one: who can fix a Gossen Luna Pro? A friend gave me one yesterday and it's in very nice shape, but it doesn't work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here's a link if your a DIY person-http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-126.html
    The factory will not repair the old grey ones.
    Try here http://www.bogenimaging.us/service/repair_gossen.html
    Of course there are different models of Luna-Pro and some of the old Lunasix models are very similar to the Luna-Pro.
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What is it not doing? Doesn't register at all? Meters inacurately?

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's like some people I used to work with, it just sits there doing nothing. It's almost like there are no batteries in it. I did put good batteries in it BTW.

I had forgotten about Bogen, but I know Gossen itself no longer fixes these units.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quality Light Metric in Hollywood, CA. They have repaired several of my meters over the years, some "unfixable" by the standards of others. Quick service, good prices, and a pleasure to deal with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McD
    Quality Light Metric in Hollywood, CA. They have repaired several of my meters over the years, some "unfixable" by the standards of others. Quick service, good prices, and a pleasure to deal with.

Jim, would you happen to have an email or phone # for these folks? Thanks, J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quality Light Metric
    7095 Hollywood Blvd.
    Hollywood CA 90028

323-467-2265
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jim,
    In case you're not aware: when you do get it fixed, the LunaPros that I've seen took mercury batteries, which are no longer available. Alkaline cells don't provide stable voltage and aren't available in the proper voltage. Bogen makes an adapter kit with a diode in it that reduces the voltage on silver-oxide batteries to that used by the LunaPro. I was going to mention that I bought one LunaPro that had a battery contact that wasn't making proper contact. Cleaned it up with one of those fiber-glass pencils and bent it up a little bit. Works like a charm, now.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill, yes, I am aware of this and I'm lucky to still have some old, but still good, merc cells around. When these run out I'll either go to the Bogen adapter or the Wein batteries. Thanks, J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin