Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,896   Online: 949

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdasilva View Post
    Ebraver, do you still have the Ascor 800 series equipment? Looking for everything...controllers, condensers, heads cables and ESPECIALLY flash tube. Ft-623 a Ft-603. Putting together a system and looking for anything working or not. I've been rebuilding and refurbishing. Please advise what you have and if you are willing to part with them. Peter - 510-882-0941
    This thread is almost a decade old, probably best to PM and possibly google people, might not be active here any longer. PS, I recommend Profoto personally, no risk of death by arc....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Older controller,6 condensers on dolly,2 stock and 1 modified 3200 ws heads, jumper cables,spider box (3 heads on 1 condenser, very fast), AC and synch cord, all in good condition, recently tested. Only missing part is metal travel cover for controller. Let's talk when I finish shoveling snow.
    Ed
    617-794-5835
    Boston

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Hi my name is Pete and I am new to this site and I hope this is posting in the correct place. I collect and restore antique radio transmitters and receivers. Recently, I bought out an entire collection of an estate which included two Ascorlight Model A10 and also a metal tag marked Part B10. They are quite heavy and each has a chrome handle to carry them. I was curious to know what kind of purpose they were used for. They appear in good shape but very dirty.
    Thanks in advance.

Peter
    Old Shincracker, Vt.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Need to repair mine

Quote Originally Posted by pdasilva View Post
    Ebraver, do you still have the Ascor 800 series equipment? Looking for everything...controllers, condensers, heads cables and ESPECIALLY flash tube. Ft-623 a Ft-603. Putting together a system and looking for anything working or not. I've been rebuilding and refurbishing. Please advise what you have and if you are willing to part with them. Peter - 510-882-0941
    Peter, I have an Ascor QC1000 P/S that refuses to charge up. (no whine)
    You state you "rebuild" them. Do you have a source for schematics, etc?
    I would like to repair it for myself. Nobody here in So CA wants to attempt. - Karl

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GGiant67 View Post
    Peter, I have an Ascor QC1000 P/S that refuses to charge up. (no whine)
    You state you "rebuild" them. Do you have a source for schematics, etc?
    I would like to repair it for myself. Nobody here in So CA wants to attempt. - Karl
    I doubt he would share those, if he's trying to run a business, he wants you to pay him to fix it ... He would be foolish to just hand them over, but anything is possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A picture of what you have might be helpful.
    In general these are electronic flash units meant for use in a photographic studio.
    Sounds like you may have just the power supplies which provide the connections to the camera and the light which would have a flash tube along with a tungsten "modeling light" used to mimic the light produced by the flash tube so that the light can be positioned.
    Most of the electrical bits are for powering the flash tube.

By the way, Welcome to APUG!

Quote Originally Posted by N2IDU View Post
    Hi my name is Pete and I am new to this site and I hope this is posting in the correct place. I collect and restore antique radio transmitters and receivers. Recently, I bought out an entire collection of an estate which included two Ascorlight Model A10 and also a metal tag marked Part B10. They are quite heavy and each has a chrome handle to carry them. I was curious to know what kind of purpose they were used for. They appear in good shape but very dirty.
    Thanks in advance.

Peter
    Old Shincracker, Vt.

Shooter
    Pinhole

Ascorlight Model A10

Hi bdial,

Thanks for your welcome! Here are some images of the (power supply?) that you requested. The first two pictures is how they came before I disassembled one of them. It can be put back together with no problem. I am glad no one had turned these units on for many years. I was astonished and grateful I wasn't injured as I discovered a bank of 18 large Sprague... 400-475volt capacitors that were in series located in the bottom of the container. I also took an image of a strange type of light bulb which you can see plugged in on the circuit board.I was curious to know its specs. Very nicely made units through out.

Thanks for your response,

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05173.JPG   DSC05174.JPG   DSC05175.JPG   DSC05176.JPG   DSC05180.JPG  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin