Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,419   Online: 1107

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikon SB-24 flash

In keeping with my habit of purchasing cars/cameras/motorbikes 15 to 20 years after I first lusted after them (which seems to co-incide with when I can finally afford used versions of same), I've recently acquired a Nikon F4s and SB-24 flash, both in good condition.

Neither came with a manual. Except perhaps for a Konica Hexar, both are the highest tech pieces of camera equipment I've ever owned. I've found a manual for the F4 online, but can't find one for the SB-24, and I want to understand how to program fill flash.

Does anyone happen to have a manual in PDF format for the SB-24 to save me a return trip to *bay? The flash has long been discontinued and I wouldn't expect there to be any copyright issues.

Thanks, Graham

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's one available here:

www.lensinc.net/freeuser.html

Nice flash, I just grabbed one myself to use as an Auto Flash for my Pentax gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats, Graham. Both the camera and the flash will serve you well. I still have an F4s that serves as my backup.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is a great unit, I've been using one as my main flash for the last 12 years. With high capacity rechargable NiMH you will get a full recharge (from complete discharge) in around 6 seconds.

Also some trivia about it'w power output. I remember it's guide number (GN) was very high compared to other 'on camera' flashes at the time it was made. e.g. at 100 ISO, and for a 50mm lens, it has a GN of 42m(138ft).
    So using the formula
    GN = f/stop x Flash-to-subject distance
    with a 50mm/f1.8 lens you could adequately illumitate something 23m away.

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, guys! I ran a roll through last night and am pleased with the results.

Regards, Graham

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin