Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,606   Online: 843

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I thought I died and went to heaven...

I have a LOT of flash equipment (sometimes, I think too much), but my all time favorite has been my Armatar LR300. I recently felt a weakness and bought yet another flash unit, this time a Sunpak 120JTTL (used, from KEH).

Woohoo! The parabolic reflector, tilt, and bare bulb capability of the Armatar PLUS swivel and TTL with my SQ-Ai to boot! I shot a bunch of Polaroids last night and this thing is GREAT! I just wish it had a tad more power, then I could retire my other 60 CT-1.

Oh yes, recycle time from a Quantum Turbo battery is pretty quick, though like my SB-11, you still need to have the AA batteries installed to power the rest of the circuitry or the flash won't fire. I found that out the hard way (no, I didn't get a manual). Regardless, I have to get a STD-1D module so I can use it with a sync cord and my other cameras...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Sunpak ringlight and a Sunpak auto 622 Pro. It's really nice when doing macro work with my SQAi, no need to do complex calculations to get the exposure right, just get the aperture somewhere close and the electronics do the rest.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got to say if it wasn't for the weight I'd really like my big Agfa 643. It's not wimpy like the Metz 60 but takes the same TTL modules.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I have a Sunpak ringlight and a Sunpak auto 622 Pro. It's really nice when doing macro work with my SQAi, no need to do complex calculations to get the exposure right, just get the aperture somewhere close and the electronics do the rest.
    Which model ringlight, the DX8, DX12, or the ringlight head for the 622? I've been thinking about getting a DX12 and a TTL module for my F3. At the moment, I have an old Honeywell ringlight (series VI size) that works pretty well, but I'd really like to be able to use the TTL capability of the F3. I though of modifying a spare SB-12 to accept the head from the Honeywell unit, but I really don't want to carve up a good flash on something that might not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    I got to say if it wasn't for the weight I'd really like my big Agfa 643. It's not wimpy like the Metz 60 but takes the same TTL modules.
    Ah, yes... a flash from when men were men, and sheep were nervous!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin