Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,244   Posts: 1,680,233   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I'll probably give up on the Amvona soft box as usable with my hot lights. It cost so little that buying attachments (Redwing adapter - where?) I think would cost more than it's worth. It is a lot of soft box for very little money ($20) so I don't particularly regret it, but I'm pressed for space and setting up additional stands to hold it etc. is just too much. Anyway, a frame with nylon with my umbrella aimed at it works as well maybe better. But thanks for the suggestions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got the redwing outer ring from B&H. They also have the SP inner adapter. Basically it's the same setup that Amovona ships just the inner opening is a touch smaller. Supposedly Calumet softboxes and speedrings are really Redwing.

Turns out the Octo box won't work with this setup Two of the holes are really tripod mounts. The 3/8" is okay but the 1/4" is just too small to fit the pole. So using this ring would mean leaving one pole not in the ring.

I know it seems wierd to spend more for the speedring then the softbox but the combination is still cheaper then other choices. If you can find a used speedring that fits your light that might be cheaper. But most of the used ones I've seen were more expensive then the new Redwing plus the SP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought two of the Amvona light boxes too but was intending to use them with my Bogen 400ws mono lights. The ring supplied with them was not quite big enough to get around the end of the Bogen units so I used my right angle grinder and took out a little surplus metal around the ring ID. They now just fit the Bogens and will still work with a smaller set of strobes I also use. I also bought two of their 8ft light stands and for the money I think they work out pretty well.

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two Lowel Tota lights - and had an apparently delusional thought I could use them withthe Amvona soft box. Hah! It wasa thought, albeit not very sensible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin