Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,329   Online: 1005

Shooter
    35mm RF

sunpak 622 super pro, flash duration

Does anyone happen to know or know where I can find the different flash durations for the Sunpak 622 Super Pro? The manual says something simple like "on manual, 1/400 to 18000th sec., depending."

I'm not getting any help from Tocad on this, by phone or email, which is really frustrating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since the duration is variable it's kinda hard to say exactly. You might try doing a chart of power setting against duration setting the 1/400 at the full power and the 180000th sec against the minimum setting (128th power I think) and extrapolate the points in between. This would be assuming the duration change is a straight line function, which I'm fairly sure it is.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm RF
    yeah, that's what I've been guesstimating. For what I'm doing I need 1/1000 or faster, so I've haven't shot at full or half-power, sort of figuring half-power would be ~1/800.

I gleaned from reading/specs elsewhere that you could generally presume to double the speed for the first few steps down from full, but that it doesn't progress that way throughout. But I guess it doesn't matter, really, except that I was curious to know and frustrated that the info isn't online, or forthcoming from Tocad when asked. Thanks, though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin