Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,957   Posts: 1,558,042   Online: 1110

Thread: overexposure?

Shooter
    35mm

overexposure?

i have my nikon n60, and i'm totally used to the nikon em, my previous camera, which has totally manual functions with a meter in the viewfinder. how do i know if a shot is overexposed on the n60? right now i don't have an af lense, but i assume on the automatic functions the aperture and shutter speed would change accordingly. but how do i know if there is a chance of overexposure on manual mode? do i need a seperate meter?

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I havn't used an n60, but most newer cameras have a scale in the viewfinder that looks something like, <---|--->, with the bar in the middle indicating correct exposure. Assuming you have the film settings correct, etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by egdinger
    I havn't used an n60, but most newer cameras have a scale in the viewfinder that looks something like, <---|--->, with the bar in the middle indicating correct exposure. Assuming you have the film settings correct, etc.
    someone earlier in one of my other posts said that an auto-focus lense would meter.

thanks though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alan,

It is going to be very difficult to figure out how to use your camera, until you read the manual and also get a lens! The lens is a pretty important part of the exposure process...

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Alan,

It is going to be very difficult to figure out how to use your camera, until you read the manual and also get a lens! The lens is a pretty important part of the exposure process...

Dave
    i don't have a manual, but i ordered one. it should be here in about a couple of days. i just wasn't sure where the meter was, until i was told it had to do with the lense.

sorry, i don't know too much about how to use mainly-electronic cameras and whatnot. my old camera (nikon em), had a meter built into the viewfinder.
    don't worry, in about three days, no one will hear me (technically 'read' me) talking about how to use my n60.

thanks for the advice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What you need to get is a lens with the CPU chip in it that mates with the metering system in the N60, then it will become pretty explanitory on how the system works...heck I hope we keep hearing from ya...

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    okay, i guess i should go ahead and take a look at those.

heck, i hope we keep hearing from ya
    that's some mean sarcasm haha

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin