Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,692   Online: 1149

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

repairing a soligor spot III

Hi all,
    So I dropped my Soligor Spot II this weekend at the beach, and now the needle doesn't want to move past 2EV. It actually wiggles a bit between 0 and 2, but not much. I put in a fresh battery, still no dice.

Any tips on how I might get this fixed for a reasonable price?

thanks,
    allan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Kaiyen,

You might get a hold of Maymia USA, they do repairs on the Sekonic meters, so they might be able to work on this one as well, worth a shot..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool. Thanks Dave. I'll give them a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard Ritter did the repair work for Zone VI and specializes in Soligor and Pentax spotmeter repair. http://www.lg4mat.net/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i have a soligor spot sensor that broke similarly to yours. dropped it on the floor, needle no longer moved. I sent it to Ritter and he was able to fix it, calibrate it, and return ship it insured for $92USD. he got back to me in a week, and i had the meter less than 2 weeks after i sent it. i highly recommend him. his customer service could use a little improvement, but when there are only a few places in the country that fix these little gems I guess he doesn't have a lot of competition. (i just had this done about 3 weeks ago) feel free to email or pm with any questions.

tom
    www.f295.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool! I looked over his site and will give him a call. I think $92 all in would be fine. I got the meter at a steal so I don't nec. want to spend too much on it. But we'll see.

allan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin