Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,388   Online: 1021

Shooter
    Multi Format

haircuts/barber photos

A friend who thinks I am a very good photographer asked me to take some pictures of haircuts (he is a barber) that he has to sent in for some big competition. But my experience with this is zero. Personally I think there should be quite a bit of back light in the hair but it shouldn't be overexposed like the usual hair spot. But what is backlight if it is as strong as the fill... Boring right?
    Does anyone have experience with these sort of pictures? I'll just try to do some things that aren't the way it should be but maybe the guy wants a picture he can use as well

cheers!
    Quinten

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My wife does hair, and at the salon they always have these hair style mags lying around. If I were you i'd pick up one of these mags at the book store and see if that helps. i think that the style that they use is the same that is turned in for competitions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a good idea, I'll visit the barber and have a seat between these ladies under their hairdryers and look at some of those books. I am afraid it's about the hair and not just making a picture I like

cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten
    I am afraid it's about the hair and not just making a picture I like
    Very true! It is more about making a picture your customer will like.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin