Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,568   Online: 1112

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Agreed with Rich. I generally use 1 degree (my meter also does 3 degrees as well). However, there are times I just use the 3D matrix meter on my Nikon F5 (no zoom) - generally only when the light or subject is changing too fast to spot meter.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    I was looking at CHEAP options for a spot meter and found these two options: 1) the Minolta 5 degree spot attachment for my existing light meter, or 2) A Gossen Luna Pro with the 7/15 degree spot attachment. What I was wondering was has anyone had any experience with either of these, and if so, could you recommend either one over the other? Or do you recommend not getting either until I can afford something better (if that day ever comes). My budget is no more than $75, and preferably around $50, so both of these should fit the bill, used of course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- Randy
    I used the L. Pro 7/15 degree attachment for many years and once you learn how to use it, it can be used very effectively. Most 1 degree meters aren't exactly meter 1 degree anyway and all exhibit some degree of flare. But back to the point, the L. Pro with spot attachment can be picked up for peanuts these days on e-Bay. You could certainly do a lot worse. The meter is excellent by anyones standards.

My 2 cents,
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin