Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,623   Online: 1197

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Old novotron 1000 VR

I've been rummaging through old gear lately and got this power pack out, which has been in storage about five years or so. I seem to remember that you have to cycle it somehow when it's been stored, but cant find the manual, or anyone to plug it in while I stand back. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm having nascent visions of blown capacitors and general bedlam. Any help most welcome.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham
    I've been rummaging through old gear lately and got this power pack out, which has been in storage about five years or so. I seem to remember that you have to cycle it somehow when it's been stored, but cant find the manual, or anyone to plug it in while I stand back. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm having nascent visions of blown capacitors and general bedlam. Any help most welcome.
    I had a Novatron system some years ago...Yes the power pack should be cycled about every six months, as I recall. I did let mine sit for a couple of years at one time.

If I were you, I would plug a couple of heads into the power pack, attach the power cord to the power pack and then last of all to the wall outlet. Let the power pack power up until the ready light is flashing and then cycle the pack several times.

It either is O.K. or it is not. You will find out when it powers up.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks for the help, Donald. Still works!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Now if I can only find my lightstands....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin