Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,567   Online: 883

Shooter
    Digital Negs

Broncolor Impact 21 kit - please help!!

I have just purchased a (used) Broncolor Impact 21 kit, with 3 units, 2 stands, barn doors, reflector, umbrella, IRI transmitter, bag, case, etc. I am only just getting into photography, and am wondering what this is worth. I can't seem to find it on ebay, etc....so I'm wondering what it is worth, and perhaps, where could I sell it? thanks so much for helping!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you just got it, and you want to get rid of it ?

Its a great outfit, it was VERY expensive

It's only shortcoming is a low power modelling light.. whicj isn't a big deal

The impact s are really, really, really good
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    I'm not sure that I want to get rid of it...I think I'm just not even sure of what I have! (what it can do). I don't even have a DSLR yet...so I think it's probably beyond what I need at this point. If I could sell it for a decent amount, I may take that money and buy a much-needed DSLR. What do you think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well, i know all about the broncolor flash... but what's a dslr ???
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    I just mean I would like to buy a digital SLR camera. Thank you for responding to me...seems somewhat hard to find someone with experience with this system. Most of my photography is portraits, lots of kids. I would just set this system up in a room in my home. Would this system be suitable for that? Is it easy to use?

As well, in my instruction booklet, it says "flash light contains a specific portion of UV light. The undesirable side effects on skin and eyes are considerable reduced by using flash tubes and glass hoods with UV coating." How do I know if I have the UV coating tubes and hoods?

I know, you are starting to think that I am the reason your quote at the end of your replies exists...but thanks for helping me anyways!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have one Broncolor Impact 21 and want to sell but do not know price. Can anybody help?
    Or you might know each element of the kit how much costs. I need some price, as I have not idea if it is 50 bucks or 2000 bucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Usually the UV coated tube will have a very slight yellow or beige cast to them.
    If you look at a UV filter on a piece of white paper you can get an idea of how slight. I think more noticeable would be the image being washed out by slight over exposure. In any case a UV, 81a, Skylight or Tiffen warming filter on the lens should correct it.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Broncolor Impact kit. It works well with both film and digital. I have no idea of its worth.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin