Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,216   Online: 775

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Interestingly, I have been shooting HS basketball for several years now both with and without on camera flash. I have never had a complaint about the on camera flash - yet. I switched to the strobes this season, and, again, so far so good after shooting 2 tourneys with 16 different teams from all over Northern California. In the big HS year-end playoffs there are always 2-3 shooters, all w/ on camera flash - all shooting under the basket.

I am thinking about adopting a new strategy when the League play starts in January, and that will involve a letter to the coaches advising that I'll be shooting their game with strobes. I saw a letter on another group I belong to that a BB shooter sends out pre-games and it was well articulated. I do have mixed thoughts about it however - am also thinking leave well enough alone, given that in all those pre-season tourney games, it's not been a problem w/ strobes. But, the letter would serve as a marketing vehicle as well, so that's a plus. Ahh what to do.

Any thoughts on this approach?

If anyone's interested, here are some strobed pix - http://www.prosportspixonline.com/ga...ry=bkvso061216

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd leave well-enough alone. You want to seek fewest number of permissions. If the facility is letting you mount your strobes, don't ask for complications.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bouncing of the ceiling even if white won't give you much. I would cross light with a couple WL 1600's at 30' from the head you will likely only have a meter reading on 5.6 with 400 speed film. Inverse square law! 1/1000 shutter??!?!? Leaf shutter in Hasselblad only goes to 1/500 and with a radio slave works only at 1/250.... 35mm top sync is 1/250 at best... and 1/160 with radio trigger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin