Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,919   Online: 1119

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't see a brand on it, but it's set up right now. It came with a lot of Speedotron gear I bought a few years ago. Not a super-premium model but gives very pretty light.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Softbox v Octabox

Quote Originally Posted by M Carter View Post
    I don't see a brand on it, but it's set up right now. It came with a lot of Speedotron gear I bought a few years ago. Not a super-premium model but gives very pretty light.
    Well I guess that's all that matters. I've only ever used chimera and wafer so, I don't have that much experience but as far as every pro I've ever talked to who does people or product, they don't often buy cheap no-name boxes spare one... But he's an exception.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've owned this one for years, but I don't use it often; the pockets where the rods tuck into the front don't seem very heavy duty and I expect one day a rod will bust through. It's very handy for getting some big soft light under a low ceiling and the diffuser setup is well thought out - very even light. it was basically "free" and after 20 years with never trying an octo, it was a good intro to 'em. I've been surprised at how soft the light stays over distance - much nicer than an XL soft box and very space-efficient considering the size. Just wrapped a 30-person "group" shot across a week and it was just the thing.
    Last edited by M Carter; 02-13-2013 at 01:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Oooh, typo city! Slow down!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin