Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,720   Online: 951

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Light: Science and Magic

Last week I wandered through Boarders and discovered that “Light: Science and Magic” is out with a new edition, its third. The book is my favorite book on lighting, hands down. I was a little concerned because I hoped that they hadn’t changed the text too much. Well, they haven’t. It is basically the same text, but with updated photo-illustrations. So, if you have the second edition, the new edition is not a must have. Albeit, I did enjoy reading the text without any of it already high-lighted.

For those not familiar with the book, it is not a follow the diagram book. Light: Science and Magic deals with how light behaves, the theory behind lighting and how surface reflections affect the final photograph. The idea is that once you know how light behaves and surfaces reflect it, you can light anything. A great book for the beginner to advanced photographer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just made a recommandation for it in the other thread. This is the finest book on lighting and still lighting I've ever read.

Nothing else comes close.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, this looks like exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin