Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,116   Online: 1080

Shooter
    Pinhole

filter question B&W 45 E

Hard to figure out which forum to put this in, but since I think my question is about a possible color correction filter, I'll try here.

In a box of Series 4-5-6 filters I found a threaded B&W 45 E.

It's orangish and looks to my eye like something in the Wrattten 85 range.

Can anyone identify it?

Thank you

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    murray,
    My B+W catalog lists 45E as a screw in filter size. Doesn't help if you don't have a 45mm thread to screw it into though does it?
    You might check to see if it screws direcly into a series 6 ring. I know the series 8 is a 67mm thread.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    John in Montgomery, IL...are you the guy who sent me the Metz flash part?

Not the first time, but I feel kinda dumb if that 45 was the thread size. I DON'T have a mating thread, but did hold it in front of my old Pentax spotmeter, thinking it was 43 mm, might actually be 46 because the filter was a tiny bit small. I thought it was B&W's special number for the color :O(

I just called it orange & took a spotmeter reading thru it, then took a long pinhole exposure forgetting to use the filter after calculating for it...how's that for 'Dumb, part II'?

Don't forget your zircon-encrusted tweezers and the Pygmy Pony when you get to Montana.
    Murray

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin