Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,466   Posts: 1,570,716   Online: 1009

Shooter
    35mm

Using two metz 45s at same time, help me please.

I have a hotshoe to PC on the camera. I got a PC triple splitter type of thing so I can run two 45's with cables. Well...IT DOSEN'T WORK! They fire but it is soooo inconsistent. They don't know what they are doing. One is going off while the other dosen't both go off at full power etc. I tried every setting on the heads. Could not control the light. 45 ct5 and 45 cl4.
    Anyone do this with cables? What you are firing them with?
    I initially had auto but realised it was messing things up so I changed both to manual thinking my problems were over. No. Same thing. Both firing then next shot one firing then next shot other one firing alone. all over the place. I wasted 3 hours trying to figure something out. I ditched the whole shoot as it went dark outside!
    Also, the ct5 just kept firing on full power no matter what I set it at even though a test pop from it's own button was creating the reduced power pops. Gawd it was confusing.
    Also, if you bought a cheapie remote trigger from ebay, could you show me (ad urls) which one worked with your metz 45 and have you used it to reliably fire two simultaneously?
    I think metz can give you a headache.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The CT5 is going to be high voltage. So if that matters you'll want to consider that.

You could get an optical slave for one of the flashes.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Terminal-Hot-...QQcmdZViewItem Is that was this is? do you just plug the pc of the metz into it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You plug one flash into the camera. The other flash into the slave. The camera fires the first flash. The slave sees the light and fires the other one.

I'm not sure it makes much sense to Ebay something like this. It should be fairly cheap at your local camera shop. Shipping from Ebay might be more then you'd pay for one of these items.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, got it. Nah, this is the choice from my local shop http://www.photocontinental.com.au/i...&search=Search No cheap slaves there. I hope that slave works in my crazy light situations like low flash output.
    Thanks for your reply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another thing to keep in mind - if you are trying to use both these flashes on auto settings, they definitely could get confused!!

The light output from each flash will be read by the sensor on the other flash.

It's probably best to use one flash on full manual, but only as a source for bounce fill. If you are going to use the other on auto, use it as your main light either slightly diffused, or with something like a small bounce card or bounce umbrella or soft box.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    I have bought two remote recievers and a trigger. Hope this is the right thing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin