Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,933   Posts: 1,557,014   Online: 1172

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does it exist? Metz 60 Bat to Nikon Flash

I'm looking for a cord to power my Nikon SB800/SB25 flashes from the Metz 60 ct battery.

I contacted Paramount cords last year and they don't make one, so wondering if you knowledgeable folks know of one.

TIA,

Matt
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Metz IIRC is a 6V unit. What kind of batteries does the Nikon use? I can't imagine this is a stock item. If the voltages even match up you'll have to find somebody to make one for you. Which will end up costing more then it's worth most likely. Why not just use the 60?

Shooter
    35mm
    I believe the Metz 60 series is a high voltage unit, although it powered by a 6V battery the output is about 360V. I can measure my unit again to make sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe the Nikon has a high voltage outlet, just not sure about the compatibility with the Metz or cord option. Since it works with a Quantum turbo or lumedyne battery (not sure of those voltages either) I am hoping it's Metz battery compatible.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What you're looking at in the Quantum batteries are low voltage output.
    The Metz delivers the high voltage because the Metz flash was designed for it.
    The aftermarket batteries just gave you much more power at the same voltage as the original 4AA batteries.
    You can save yourself a lot of headaches by going with one of the Quantum batteries and the proper cord. I've used the Quantum Battery 1 with Vivitar 283's with excellent results(more flashes) and the same battery will work with your flash with the proper cord.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin