Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,405   Online: 688

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I skipped the 308 because I wanted a meter to use for non flash also. The 308 IIRC lacks aperture priority readings. The mode you pick an F/stop and the meter tells you the shutter speed. I think it also lacks a few other minor things but I may not be remembering correctly. The 358 wasn't much more at the time. Maybe $20 and did everything but spot. Today the 558 adds even spot.

The USB cable can be used for film curves too. I think it's the sort of thing some one with years of expierence does in their head. I plugged the cable in once or twice to see if it worked then decided it was too much effort to figure out at the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ed, I feel your pain, my UltraPro was "borrowed" and never returned, the multi pro I replaced it with is nearly identical, except for the timer function (which I miss dearly). I'd think that you can find a used multipro for cheap. (mine was around $40 or so)

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a Minolta Flashmeter III for years - and - I'm a COF
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hello, I recently got hold of a bowens flashmeter (similar to this item: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT). the flashmeter is working fine - the needle on the meter moves and registers a value when hooked to a flash, the needle points to a value [1-9], which I gather you use to match the aperture on the top numbers of a dial - but I can't quite figure out how to read the dial - what does the numbers at the bottom scale correspond to? any help will be appreciated.

Update: Figured it out, flashmeter working good!
    Last edited by Jun.C; 08-13-2010 at 06:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread has been asleep since Dec 1, 2007, close to three years. I suspect Jason (the OP) has settled on a flash meter by now.

Shooter
    35mm
    I did, I got the Sekonic L758DR, and learned how to not screw up with a combi.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jason, how do you come on with it for ease of use.

I have been tempted but have not yet committed as it seems to do everything including making the coffee.

I was wondering, when you just want to take simple incident flash readings, how much does this thing help and how much does all the technology get in the way?

Thanks

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW, I've used a Shepherd flash meter and it was beautiful in its simplicity and very well made as far as I could tell.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jason, I love my 508 (and frequently "borrow" my studio partners 758 for it's display in viewer when spot metering), after a while it's operation becomes second nature.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had taken in on a trade a Wein WP-500B and compared it to my GOSSEN Luna-Pro F - flash meter and it was pretty close. The Wein is as simple as it gets and inexpensive. The F, while I also like it, had a board problem and it cost around $150 to have the factory repair it. If I were buying one today, I would be interested in one of the Sekonic meters
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin