Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,326   Online: 1029

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta Spotmeter F

Hi,

How good is Minolta Spotmeter F? I am looking for spotmeter hoping to go into LF photography, but even without LF I am thinking about decent spotmeter, so any thoughts/advices will help. Minolta is currently most easy (and most affordable) handheld spotmeter for me to get, but if some Pentax or Seconic or Gossen come my way, I wouldn't say no .

Except quality of results, one of concerns are batteries, is it use batteries available currently in Europe? It would be really big obstacle for me to search for batteries in USA or rest of the world...

Thanks
    Last edited by haris; 01-29-2008 at 05:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've had one for years and it's worked flawlessly. It takes one AA battery which seems to last a long, long time.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Like Kerik, (you're not looking well by the way Kerik) I've used a Minolta Spotmeter F for several years now. No problems. It's accurate, consistent and as Kerik says the AA battery last forever. I'd had a Soligor before that and I found it inconsistent over a range of brightness levels - worse, it was inconsistently inconsistent, (the worst kind!)

Bob
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I may be remembering wrong, but I believe there were some iterations of the Minolta spot meters that took less common batteries. Some years back, I had Spotmeter M's and F's. Perhaps it was one or the other of those model versions that used different batteries. You might want to double check before buying a particular unit. Mine were always extremely accurate. I sent one in each couple of years and then checked my other meters from that one when it was returned to me. I recall the notes from the techs stating that it didn't need adjustment.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've had and used Pentax, Sekonik and Minolta spot meters. The minolta F is my keeper and if it breaks, I'll get another one. Quick.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The minolta F is the only meter i know of that can be calibrated by the user via the adjustment screw under the battery compartment. To me, that's a selling point. It's a great meter and was/is the motion picture industry standard.
    vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Minolta Spotmeter F

I've had one for almost 20 years, I've found it useful in the studio as well as in the field, much easier viewing for me than the Sekonics which are also very good quality.
    Tracy Storer
    Polaroid 20x24 Studio West
    www.mammothcamera.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for answers
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Multi Format

Konica - Minolta is GONE !

Maybe, you should look at the new Kenko. Kenko, took over Minolta's meters, when Konica - Minolta folded.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin