Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,445   Online: 963

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a 283 and a press photographers bounce card. I use a file card ( does anyone use these for filing anymore?) and bend it at a 45. I then rubber band it on the end of the 283 right at the 45 degree crease.

If there is a ceiling some bounces off the ceiling, but a big chunk bounces off the white card. Pretty small and cheap.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    If there is a ceiling some bounces off the ceiling, but a big chunk bounces off the white card.
    I found with mine that if I point the flash head straight up, some light bounces off the card and some goes straight up and bounces of the ceiling.

For outside use where there are no convenient ceilings, I angle the flash head forward a bit and that sends a little bit more light towards the subject.

The scans I posted earlier are not great as they were quickly done to give the couple an idea of what they were going to get. I am pleased with the actual prints to the point where I didn't mind showing them to my father - a wedding photographer from the early 1960s to the mid 1990s!!

For anyone who wants to know the technical details:

Camera: Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD
    Lens: 90mm K/L
    Film: Fuji NPS 160 rated at EI 125
    Flash: Vivitar 285 with flash bounce adaptor as is the subject of this thread
    Exposure: Manual, mainly f11 1/125 with fill flash set to whatever colour automatic setting gave a two stop under-exposure (obviously not for indoor shots).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin