Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,128   Online: 1112

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny V
    Do what DKT mentioned about turning off power before changing plugs no matter what pack you are using.
    There is *no* question in my mind that this is a good idea. However, it *is* comforting to know that it CAN happen in the heat of battle (and it has!!) without disatrous results.

As for power - all I can say is that I have a small studio (relatively) and even with the use of softboxes and ISO 100 film, I more often than not have the varistors cranked all the way down - and I'm still between f/16 and f/22.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

DKT

ahh, well we always have to make do....never enough power it seems.

> However, it *is* comforting to know that it CAN happen in the heat of battle (and it has!!) without disatrous results.

True...Dyna-Lite and Comet are fairly safe with power on. Speedo I don't trust them but it can be done. Norman...not on my life.

I've had my speedo brownline 1604 for 20 years and have never thought of disconnecting anything without first turning the power off. I'm not saying an arc of some sort won't happen, knock on wood, but IMO some things are understood by the nature of the situation. We're dealing with a lot of power here, in your face.

My Brownline 1604 the other day decided to ignore the power selection switch and started arcing madly (internally). Sounds like a car backfiring and smells like a photocopier. Off it goes for service. Still under warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin