Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,262   Online: 770

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3 Flash Bulb

Shooter
    35mm

M3 Flash Bulb

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some M3 flash bulbs other then looking on Ebay?

I have a Polaroid 250 with a flash gun that uses the M3 flash bulb and I was lucky enough to get a box set of 12 of GE's M3 flash bulbs. The problem is, it had came with my Polaroid when I bought it and I just can't seem to get myself to use them. So I thought it'd be easier on me to buy another box set even though it's going to set me back some (quite a lot) bucks.

Whatever advise you can give me will be helpful. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I probably won't set you back any more than the instant film. I am thinking that midgets will be about 25 cents per bulb, perhaps as much as 50 cents if you are unlucky. I have several *large* plastic crates full of flashbulbs, and I think I spent about $200 total for at least 500 bulbs. Ge #5s, #11s, Sylvania #25s, etc. Quite a lot of huge ones as well...larger than a household tungsten bulb.

Unfortunately I got no midget bulbs, or I would give them to you!

But I would post a classified ad if I were you, or look on eBay. That's how I got mine.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately I got no midget bulbs, or I would give them to you!
    lol Thank you.

Okay, M3 flash bulbs don't look that much expensive on eBay anyway, or I can do some extra snooping around at garage sales and flea market/swap meets. That's how I found my Polaroid in the first place, so it wouldn't hurt to do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've gotten boxes of 144 on eBay for about $40 on average. Sometimes a lot less.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alisha, I have some new old stock M3 GE Flashbulbs. If you still need them, send me a PM.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    They gotta be NOS! haha.

Don't forget about M2's. Local auctions are great for bulbs when they pop up. Whenever I go to the auction house there are always ..some. Nobody wants em. I got 100 5's just a few days ago for $1 and got a bunch of crap along with em

Use em if you got em
    they're a lot of fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go to estate sales in your area. There is a very good chance somebody in that house was using a Polaroid Land Camera like yourself and still has several boxes of bulbs somewhere. I got something like 100 bulbs for $10 at an estate sale. I mix up using a manual flash and my bulbs on my Polaroids.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alisha,

Be cautious with old flashbulbs. Be sure that they still yield vacuum.
    It will be indicated by a safety dot on the inside of the glass. This should be blue. Don't use a bulb if its dot has turned pink.

To be even more on the safe side, it would be nice if the bulb had a strong varnish on the outer of the glass or would be used in a flashgun which would yield some protection against morsels of glass flying around.

Shooter
    35mm

must sell ge m3 flashbulbs

Are you still looking for the ge m3 flasbulbs I have eight boxes with 12 packages inside with 12 in ea. package
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0002.JPG   DSCF0008.JPG   DSCF0009.JPG   DSCF0011.JPG  
    Last edited by macmiami; 12-12-2010 at 10:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding photos of inventory

Shooter
    35mm
    Alisha; Don't bother with M-2 bulbs for your Polaroid. The exposure system is based on M-3 bulbs. M-2 s are fine for other cameras.
    The Polaroid 268 flash should come with a Blue shield for color film and also to prevent accidents due to broken bulbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin